Top 7 Trees for Small Backyard
- Japanese Maple (Acer palmatum): This tree is known for its beautiful foliage and compact size, making it a popular choice for small yards.
- Eastern Redbud (Cercis canadensis): This tree is known for its beautiful pink or purple spring blooms, and it's a great choice for a small yard because it doesn't grow too large.
- Dogwood (Cornus florida): This tree produces showy pink or white flowers in the spring and has attractive foliage throughout the year. It's also a great choice for small yards.
- Serviceberry (Amelanchier canadensis): This tree produces showy white flowers in the spring, followed by edible berries in the summer. It's a good choice for small yards because it grows slowly and doesn't get too large.
- Crabapple (Malus sp.): Crabapple trees are known for their beautiful spring blooms and attractive fruit in the fall. There are many dwarf and semi-dwarf varieties that are suitable for small yards.
- Korean Tree Lilac (Syringa reticulata): This tree produces beautiful purple flowers in late spring or early summer. It's a great choice for a small yard.
- Magnolia (Magnolia sp.): Magnolia trees are known for their beautiful spring blooms and attractive foliage. There are many smaller varieties that are suitable for small yards.
When selecting a tree for a small yard, it's important to consider the tree's size at maturity, growth rate, and the specific growing conditions of your yard. Be sure to choose a tree that is well-suited to your particular site and that will thrive in your climate.