- 5 spikes feed a tree with a 3" diameter trunk.
- Use 3 spikes for every 2 inches diameter of tree trunk measured at chest height.
- With plastic driving cap, tap spikes into the ground, spaced evenly at the tree's dripline. (Dripline is directly below the ends of the tree's longest branches.)
- When spike is even with ground, remove the plastic cap and continue to push the spike at least 2 inches below the soil surface.
- Never insert spikes closer than 2 feet from the tree trunk. If the dripline is less than 2 feet, insert the spikes at 2 feet from trunk.
- Best results are obtained with three yearly applications: Spring, mid-summer, and fall.
Apply mid-summer and late fall.